Stendy's Stuff

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. --Dale Carnegie

October 13, 2007

Tombstone

I attended the funeral of my neighbor today and it got me thinking of what I hope people will say about me when I'm gone.

I want people to say I was compassionate and caring. I want them to say I made them happier when I was around them. I want them to say I had faith in the good of people and yet my idealism was not shrouded by naivete. I want them to say I could hold my own in an intelligent debate, but had the maturity to concede when I was wrong. I want them to say that I was not consumed with the superficial things of life. And of course, I want them to say that my priorities were right: God-husband-kids.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger gagknee said...

I just want people to tell funny stories.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Nhmommaof5 said...

I think we can manage that gagknee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home