Stendy's Stuff

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. --Dale Carnegie

August 09, 2007

What to do?

This morning I was stopped at a red light while I observed a woman having what looked like a nervous breakdown. She was jumping up and down, waving arms wildly about and screaming so loudly I could hear her rants above my fully blowing car ac with my windows closed tight. The oddest thing was that there was not another soul in sight nearby her and she was definitely not on the phone. It was disturbing but slightly entertaining, and I even considered pulling in to see if I could be of any help. Of course, my old New England "don't get involved" ways kicked in and I sped away as soon as my light turned green. Now however, I feel somewhat guilty...maybe I could have at least helped this woman preserve a small sliver of her dignity or maybe she was in desperate need of someone to show that they care. So once again I'm feeling that "should have done something" guilt. Oh well -- too late now.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Let's not forget that we had a friend that was murdered by such a person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home