Stendy's Stuff

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. --Dale Carnegie

November 26, 2006

Un-Inheritance

Things I forgot I about my mom in the past two months that I refuse to adopt in my own lifestyle:

1. Wearing PJs to family get-togethers

2. Non-stop talking including following the victim everywhere (especially bathroom) without as much as taking a breath between words.

3. Refusing gifts. True story, we gave her a gift for the new house, kind of a housewarming/birthday present. She opened it, immediately started crying and told me to take it back. I was hurt but hid it well and casually asked why. Her response was "I just can't be burdened with more stuff. I know it's really beautiful and would match the house perfectly, but I can't let the devil burden me with this." Just great, now I'm the devil because I picked out a tasteful gift....

4. Passive-Agressive Manipulation. Example: I know you're really tired since you just drove through the night by yourself and you just fell asleep, but I was wondering if I could trouble you for the wipes since the baby has messed his pants. Actually since you're awake now, I'm sure you'd like to change him since he really misses you. And I'm just too busy right now. Really, where did she learn all these "polite manipulation" tactics??

5 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Rob said...

The good news is that she is unlikely to read this because the Internet is of the devil.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger stendy said...

very true rob! which leads me to the topic that i would probably have many more blog posts if it were not for the fact that many people i know have internet access and therefore i must be discerning about the material i post.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger gagknee said...

you should start a completely anonymous blog solely for making fun of people.

hey, wait a minute, are you referring to me??

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Nhmommaof5 said...

Aren't mothers wonderful?? I really, really hate when Arik points out things I do tht are just like my mom.

We will soon remember why 1000 miles is a good barrier. Christmas in Ohio. I'm sure our husbands can have a "who has the worst mother in law" contest.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger skape7 said...

Hahahaha - I can relate, I would DIE if I turned out like my mum. It's bad enough that every now and then (especially when little T is being naughty) her exact words from my childhood come streaming out my mouth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home