Stendy's Stuff

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. --Dale Carnegie

November 30, 2006

Chunky Treat

I'm still getting used to this new area and really enjoying Virginia for the most part. The weather is fabulous (it's over 70 degrees today!) and the people are really friendly. However, I'm still not won over by the area grocery stores. It seemed like I was really warming up to Kroger's, but a recent development has made me question my new loyalties.

The only egg nog on their shelves was a store brand. I am definitely a big fan of Egg Nog so I eagerly picked up this version. That evening I waited till the kids were in bed, got all set for some relaxation and poured myself a cup of my long-awaited egg nog. Only, it didn't exactly "pour" into the cup, it more or less "plopped" into it. It seemed there were more chunks than liquid. After gagging a bit, I actually returned the container to the fridge hoping that I could give it another chance. Unfortunately the whole thing has been dumped and the bottle is now in the recycle bin.

Next stop: Ukrops

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Ukrops is by far my favorite. Then Harris Teeter. Of course, Essbee does 98% of the shopping.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger EssBee said...

Ukrops is the best store ever! Except for the fact that they're not open on Sundays (that's when I go to Kroger if I have to shop that day). But other than that, they have the absolute most friendly people who work there and it is always a pleasant experience for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home