Stendy's Stuff

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. --Dale Carnegie

July 13, 2006

Ranting

This morning I came across this statement in a personal blog in reference to mothers over thirty: "Some are still content with their stereotypical PTA type body image" With the innundation of Maxine comics, Red Hat Society humor and stereotypes of how men & women age according to our culture, I am frankly getting peeved. I mean what is this obsession with men are bad and women like being cranky and fat and proud of it? Oddly enough, it seems the same gossipy women who giggle over Maxine comics are also the ones to toot the horn loudly that women deserve equal rights because they are equal. What an idiotic group we must be to stand on a soapbox and on one hand fight for so-called equal rights and then a moment later make a crack about the inability of men to run a household or whatever.

It angers me and this is obvious. So why do I keep getting these horrid and tasteless forwards from who else but women in my own church. And whatever happened to a thriving women's ministry where women actually do something good for the world rather than sit around gorging on fattening desserts all the while discussing the failures of the men in their lives.

I know I have no influence over the embittered women of America, especially those in my own surroundings. Yet I refuse to give up the battle and actually join their ranks. I am first of all, God's child. He says that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made." He says that "I am a holy and unique nation". He says that He knew me before He formed me in my mother's womb. Why would I listen to anyone else when He created me with such love and precision. Now if I could only get them to understand...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home